Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April Birthday's Are Us


Well, I can honestly say this is the brithday time of year for our family!!! Between March and April we have birthdays for Amy, mom, Ryan, Davy (scooter), me, Adrea, Elayna, and Ed (in that order). Not to mention Cooper was born sometime in the month of March. In anycase, here are some of the awesome cakes that we enjoyed.
Mine was a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake from cold stone...my favorite! I have loved mint chocoalte chip ice cream for the longest time. I remember getting it at Yellowstone during our family vacations.
Elayna's was a homemade rainbow chip cake with purple frosting and lots of sugar chunks shaped like princess decor. I thought it was hilarious when she was explaining all of the figures to my mom... "a wand, a castle, a crown, ABC's, a rhombus..." What, a rhombus?!? Gotta love the good old rhombus thrown in with princess shapes. Maybe I am a little anal when naming shapes we see out in public. Not all four sided figures are squares. Both of my girls will be quick to tell you that!
Ed originally chose a cheesecake, but hinted that it would be awesome if cold stone would make a personalized cake...I listened and made a cake to order! His cake was banana ice cream with cookie dough chunks and oreo bits inside, chocolate cake layers with carmel between the ice cream and cake. It definitely was a hit. He was shocked that I got it. Pretty tasty too...I have to admit. The only interesting thing is that he was positive he was turning 34.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the cakes and my little one. She was so cute explaining her cake. Glad we got to Skype when she had her cake.
Love Grandma