Sunday, June 9, 2013

First 5K

June 8 marked the day of my first 5K. The girls and I had been walking the river daily (~2.5 miles) and decided that a 5K shouldn't be much harder to accomplish. We grabbed the whole family and off we went. Elayna and Hannah saw that it was race and immediately started running after the pack of runners...It took us almost a mile to catch up to both of them. With Elayna's legs being so small, she ended up running the entire thing...Hannah ran about half of it, and Ryan, Amy and I ended up running about a third of it (mainly trying to keep up with the kids!) Mom and dad kept a steady pace the entire time and finished strong. It was a great experience for all of us and lots of fun! Here are to more 5K's in the future! Thanks Susie for posting the link to this race on-line!
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had a great time with the family walk/run. Grrie and I were so proud of all of you. My little ones are such troopers.
Love Gramma