Monday, June 21, 2010

Swimming Lessons

At the last minute, I decided to put Hannah and Elayna into swim lessons. I called and they were COMPLETELY out of available slots. Two days later, they called and had a slot available for Hannah, but still no slot for Elayna. On the day of the first lesson, I showed up with both Elayna's and my swimsuit in the hopes that some mom decided at the last minute to not take the mom and tot course. Luckily for me, that was exactly what happened!!!! Elayna was the youngest in the class, and her strides were minor compared to the others. We worked on putting her under water (without crying), and floating on her back. By the end, she was kicking, going under without much resistance, and floating on her back for 10 seconds without thrashing!!! She excelled at her front float and she loved to jump off the edge into my arms...weird! Although she made some major strides, we will be retaking the class next year. Elayna is a Shrimp for one more year.

Hannah was a completely different story. Although I couldn't watch too much, the teacher informed me she was way ahead of the class. She can swim forwards, and back stroke (both with the floatation device) as well as hold her breath for 5 seconds. She never complained and always did what she was told. She graduated from the Pike's class to Eel's. I am so proud of her! When we get back from Georgia, it is swimming without the floatation device...here goes nothing!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those are great pics! I'm gad you were able to get both kids in!

mandy