Wednesday, January 9, 2013

September 2012

Well, the blog has been evading me lately. Working the 14+ hours a day really can take away time from the little things. All spare time was spent with the kids...or traveling! Hopefully I can get the blog caught up and keep it there. However, I always tend to fall behind in the winter. I guess I can make that my New Year's Resolution.

Starting off the first of the three blogs is our Sage Hen Hunting Trip. Hannah looks forward to this trip, since it is a relatively mellow hunt, with not much walking. She did have to get out and hike for about 3 miles or so. She only started complaining at the furthest point from the truck. Funny how time repeats itself. I remember a similar hike when I was 6. None-the-less, she enjoyed herself. Her favorite part was spotting the birds from the sun roof. Elayna (only being 3) was left with grandma. She knows that when she is 4, she can start coming out with us as well. She actually told the waiter at the restaurant that the other day...couldn't believe she remembered. I guess we better hold up to our end of the deal.
After hunting, Ryan's band was playing down at the Teton Harley Davidson. We quickly showered and ran down there to listen for a bit! It was great to see friends and family that we hadn't seen for some time. Here are a couple of pictures of the rest of that weekend.
Lastly, Hannah had her first swim meet with the BoiseY Swim Team. She continues to speed up on her times and has made a very good friend on the team. He is also 6 and the two are inseperable at the meets and at practice. Elayna is very excited to start swimming with Hannah. We recently enrolled her in swim lessons at the YMCA as well. She is already a level 2. I told Hannah to watch out. If Elayna keeps it up, they will actually compete against each other in a couple of years. She keeps telling me she wants to swim in the big lanes with Hannah. With her determination, I believe that she will be there before we know it. 
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful. I look forward to seeing the great photos. They are growing so big. However, Gramma wont be able to stay home alone when E is hunting. The swim meet was great. H did such a good job. So proud of both the little girls.
Love Gramma