Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

HAPPY EASTER!!!!

Saturday Ed, Hannah and I boiled some eggs to dye for Easter. Hannah loves to dye Easter eggs, eventhough she absolutely hates eggs. For breakfast we always ask her if she wants eggs and she ALWAYS replies back "I don't like eggs!" That's why I thought it was cute that she was kissing this egg. We only boiled six eggs. Between the three of us, we didn't think there was a reason to boil any more. She picked out which egg went into the cups first and what color Ed and I were going to get.
She enjoyed seeing that the white egg going in came out yellow. Her expressions are priceless. Unfortunately, later that evening Hannah came down with the flu and had an up and down night sleeping. When we finally woke up the next morning, she was tired and still feeling sick. How hard is it to tell a child they can't enjoy the Easter candy. All she could do was look at it. Although, eventually I caved in and let her have a couple of jelly beans.
After looking in our basket, we went into the bathroom and did our hair for church. With her new haircut, her hair looked absolutely gorgeous. Of course, I am a biased mom! Here she is looking at her candy. She has started smiling with her bottom jaw sticking out. Not so sure where she is getting that from.
Lastly, to round out the day, we ended up at Aunt Amy's house for my birthday/Easter dinner. My birthday has fallen on Easter 2-3 times before. We had a wonderful steak dinner followed by a delicious Cold Stone cake batter-red velvet-ice cream cake!!! All-in-all it was quite a busy day, but it was very enjoyable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love seeing the updates on your blog. I especially love seeing all my girls!
Love MOP