Friday, May 22, 2009

Hannah's Third Birthday

WOW how the years seem to fly by. I remember when little H was a newborn. It doesn't seem like that long ago. Look at me, I am acting like she is turning 18 or something. Here she is only three. Actually I never thought Hannah was a very big child...that is until we brought Elayna home. Now that I have two girls, it really puts into perspective how big Hannah is actually getting.

This past weekend (May 16th) we threw a small birthday party for Hannah. Of course everything had to be all about Dora. I think I am going to go crazy with all the Dora clothing, games, toys, videos and coloring books. Oh well, it isn't my birthday and she is truly in love with Dora right now. She loved everything she got. Here is her cute Dora, Diego, and Boots birthday cake. She was very excited when she saw it. Here we are getting ready to pass out the birthday cake. I called it a small birthday party, but there were 22 friends and family that came. We finished all but four slices of the cake. I asked Hannah what piece she wanted and she managed to find a small yellow flower near the middle of the cake that she HAD to have!!! That will be the last time I ask her that question! Here are the four little ones eating cake and ice cream. Ironically the two big kids only slightly ate the cake and ice cream. The two little ones literally licked their plates clean. For her big birthday gift, we decided that it was time to get her a trampoline. We had several family members pitch in for the gift. With the 400lb weight limit, it truly entertained the kids (and many of the adults) throughout the party. All we had to watch out for is the kids bouncing each other off. Here is Hannah dangling off the side. It is such an adorable picture of her trying to get down. Every day when she comes home from daycare we have to go jump on the trampoline.
By the end of the day all the kids were tired. Hannah fell asleep within minutes of coming inside. I am sure the other three also passed out instantly. It takes a lot of energy to bounce on the trampoline for three hours almost nonstop.
Although little Elayna did no jumping, being out in the sun and fresh air also wore her out. Here she is lounging peacefully in GRR's arms.
All-in-all it was an exciting day. I want to thank all of the friends and family who made it a very special day for our not-so-little Hannah.

2 comments:

Jolly Family said...

These pictures are so cute! It looks like she had a great party.

Annie H. said...

Wow she's gettin all growed up! Happy Birthday Hannah (a little late!)