Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fourth of July

For the fourth, we took it relatively easy. It started with a simple game of double deck pinnochle, which turned into and epic battle in which the women were victorious! Then, we went to Lowe's to buy some PVC pipe to make the game ladderball. Our BBQ at the Jolly's started at 5, and we alternated partners and teams from 5-9:30 when we walked to the fireworks. Ladderball was quite fun! Thanks Rachel for introducing us to it! The firework display was nice. I spent most of my time trying to figure out my camera. I was able to get a couple of nice shots! Finally we walked back home to let off our AWESOME fireworks! I love the 3ft rule for Idaho...nothing can go above three feet...of course many people don't follow that rule. Elayna and Hannah both liked the sparklers, mainly because they could hold them I am sure, but Elayna kept holding on to them well after the sparkle was out. Since they are now made out of a straw type material, it slowly made it to her finger. That was the last sparkler she held. I now have a daughter who is afraid of the sparkler! All-in-all a good day. Nice and relaxing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: